Don't stress over planning a big meal when there are easy party appetizers that are not only simple to prepare but are also filling. Serving appetizers at a party is a great way to feed your guests without the stress of a full dinner.
Appetizer Party Ideas
There are endless possibilites when it comes to easy party appetizers. From simple to complex, you can choose what type to serve based on how much work you are willing to do. There are many reasons to serve appetizers at your next party instead of a full meal. Some reasons include:
- Time restraints - Maybe you just don't have the time to cook a whole dinner.
- Seating limitations - Guests can serve themselves and eat while standing or socializing.
- Variety - Appetizers let you serve a variety of foods, so there is a little something for everyone.
- Cost - You can make appetizers for less money than it costs to prepare a big meal.
Whatever your reason, having an appetizer party is a fun way to serve food. You can set out the appetizers and let your guests choose what they want to eat and when they want to eat it.
Presentation is one of the most important things to consider. Serve your appetizers in an appealing and creative manner. Use large serving dishes to plate your appetizers and set them out on a buffet or table. Be sure to include small plates and utensils as well as cocktail napkins along with your food.
There are a wide variety of appetizers to choose from for your party. Some require cooking while others do not. Some simple suggestions include:
- Cheese and crackers
- Fresh fruit
- Vegetable crudites and dip
- Chips and salsa
- Shrimp cocktail
The following may require a bit more work, but are easy to prepare:
- Swedish meatballs
- Stuffed mushrooms
- Deviled eggs
- Tea sandwiches: chicken salad, egg salad, cucumber
Recipes for Easy Party Appetizers
This recipe can be made ahead of time then popped into your oven before guests arrive.
- 1 loaf of French bread cut into slices
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/2 cup grated cheese - parmesan or mozzarella
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped or diced
- Basil leaves
To prepare: Place bread slices under broiler for 2 minutes per side. Keep several inches from broiler so that they do not burn. You can also grill the bread. Next, mix the dressing and cheese together. Rub each slice of bread with garlic then spread the dressing and cheese on the toasted bread. Broil or grill until golden brown. Spoon the tomatoes over each slice of bread and garnish with basil leaves.
Simple Spinach Dip
- 1 packet of dry vegetable dip mix
- 16 ounce container of sour cream
- 1 box of thawed spinach - well drained
- ¼ cup of green onions
To prepare: Combine dip mix with sour cream. Stir in the spinach and green onions. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Goes great with vegetable and crackers.
Be sure to have a variety of drinks on hand to serve with your appetizers. If you are serving cheese and crackers, pair them with a great wine. Serve margaritas with chips and salsa for a festive touch. Be creative with your choices and remember to keep it easy and simple so not only will your guests enjoy the party, but so will you!