Create a party invitation for your child's next big day by making printable Elmo birthday invitations. Elmo, the furry red puppet on Sesame Street, is a favorite kids' character and makes a perfect theme for any 1st birthday party or toddler/preschool party.
Print Elmo Invitations
Licensed characters like Elmo are popular themes for children's birthday parties. However, purchasing birthday party supplies with these characters can add up quickly. Cut down on costs by printing your own Elmo invites from your home computer.
Find invitations at:
- DLTK - Cards: Pick out Elmo birthday invitations from this website in either color or black and white. A matching envelope is also included.
- Ultimate Kid Birthday Parties: Enter your information into the Elmo printable and then print off the final copy of the invitation. The file cannot be saved, so print enough for all the invited guests or plan to make color photocopies later. An envelope is also available.
- Best Kids Birthday Parties: Use the PDF file to print out a free color 1st birthday party invitation with Elmo graphics and theme. If the party isn't for a 1st birthday but you still want to use the invitations, cut out a plain white strip of paper large enough to cover up the wording for the 1st birthday. Then make color photocopies with that strip taped over the wording.
While printing free birthday party invitations from home might seem easy, you can run into a few problems. Follow these tips for trouble-free Elmo invitations:
- Have an extra red or color ink cartridge on hand if you are printing color invites. Elmo is red, so printing in color may use the red ink quickly.
- Save ink by printing the invitations in black and white on red colored cardstock.
- Invitation sizes may vary from site to site, so be sure you have the correctly sized paper loaded into the printer.
- Follow the printing instructions on the website where you downloaded the invitation.
- Stay near your printer to avoid jams.
- Check to see if the Elmo invitations are two-sided. If so, you may need to flip the paper over and load it back into the printer.
Color Your Own Printable Elmo Birthday Invitations
Sending out birthday party invitations is often exciting for a child who has an upcoming birthday. Let him or her get into the festive mood by helping with the invitations. Elmo or Sesame Street parties are usually for young children, who may not be able to help with the computer aspect of invitation creation. However, they can still be involved with the artistic appearance of the printable Elmo birthday invitations when you color your own invites.To make invitations using your computer, printer and coloring sheets, follow these steps:
- Find a printable coloring page featuring Elmo that will fit onto a folded 8.5 by 11 inch sheet of cardstock.
- Print off the correct number of sheets (number of invited guests).
- Give the printable sheets to your child for him/her to color with crayons while you continue to the next step.
- Print off the party information, such as date, time, place and RSVP information.
- Use a paper cutter to cut out the information and glue to the inside of your folded invitation card.
- After your child has finished coloring the printed Elmo pages, cut around the graphics with scissors, leaving about a ½ inch margin, rather than trying to follow every line exactly. This creates a nice border.
- Glue the cut and colored Elmo designs to the front of each invitation.
- Allow the glue to dry and then seal the invites in an envelope for mailing or handing out to guests.
Printable Elmo birthday invitations are a fun and easy way to make your own birthday party invitations. Whether you simply personalize a premade invite or have your child color his/her own Elmo invite, the final result is a cute and cheap invite for your kid's next big day.