Father's Day Banner
A Father's Day banner can be included as part of the decorations for a Father's Day party, or just as a simple way to greet dad on his special day. You can purchase many different designs and styles of pre-made banners, or you can make your own using craft supplies or your computer printer.
Types of Banners for Dad's Special Day
When you think of a banner, you might automatically envision a long, straight, rectangular banner that hangs on a wall or ledge. While this kind of banner is still popular, there are a lot of other types of banners available. A few of these include:
- Cut-out letters and images strung together
- Triangular flags attached to each other or strung with string
- Hanging flags
- Banners made of metallic plastic, fabric or various types of paper
- Balloon banners
- Vertical banners
Make Your Own Father's Day Banner
If you'd like to make a banner for Father's Day, there are many ways to create something unique and special. Here are some suggestions that will delight any dad.
Free printables can be a great help when you want to make banners. All you have to do is download the various templates, print them out, and then color or decorate them. You can use paints, colored pencils, crayons, glitter, or any other craft supplies you have on hand to decorate the printed pages. String them together and you've created a beautiful, original banner.
Try some of these sites for banner templates:
- Activities for Kids: Print out the three triangular flags, color them in, and then use some string to attach them all together. This banner isn't too big, so it would be perfect if you're working with a small space.
- Quality Kids Crafts: There are three different banners here. Print out the letters individually, and then you can cut them out to create the banners.
- Delightful Designs: If you're running short on time, this "Super Dad" banner doesn't require any coloring, although you'll need to have a color printer on hand. You can make it into one long banner, or split it up into two smaller banners depending on your available space.
Balloon banners are a really nice option if you have a large space available. An entire wall, for example, or a large outdoor fence would work perfectly. Simply inflate enough brightly colored balloons to spell out your message, and attach the balloons to your surface with strong tape or pushpins (pinning the rubber "tag" where the balloon has been tied off).
If you're using a wall or other surface that you don't want to risk ruining, the balloons can be glued or taped to sheets of cardboard instead, which can then be mounted on the wall or placed along a mantel or other ledge.
Control the size of the finished banner by using small or large balloons, or inflating them only part of the way full.
Many craft stores both local and online sell flag or banner making kits that you can use to create something special for Father's Day. Oriental Trading offers one that allows you to include your child's footprint and comes with a cute little verse.
Sayings and Themes
If you've decided to create your own Father's Day flag or banner, these are some ideas for sayings you could use rather than the standard "Happy Father's Day:"
- World's Greatest Father
- My Dad Is My Hero
- Top Dog Dad
- Groovy Dad
- Best Dad Ever
- All Star Dad
Themed images are also a nice addition to banners, and they should be customized to suit your father's particular interests or tastes. For example:
- A golf-themed banner could include images of golf clubs and golf balls, with the saying, "Hole-in-One Dad."
- If dad is a handyman, use pictures of tools and toolboxes.
- Sports-minded fathers would enjoy images of their favorite sports such as basketball, football, baseball or hockey, or you could use the colors and logos of their favorite teams.
- A hand-drawn image of dad at the grill is great for fathers who like to cook outdoors. You can make it funny if you wish by adding flames jumping out of the grill's surface.
- For a Western theme, add pictures of cowboy hats and boots, horses and metallic stars.
Most party supply stores carry a wide variety of banners for any occasion, including Father's Day. Just a few online shops that offer them include:
If you're planning to order your banners online, make sure you check the estimated delivery dates to ensure they will arrive on time. Also check shipping costs, which can quickly add up and make your purchase quite a bit more expensive.
Catch Dad's Eye on Father's Day
Hanging a banner offers a great way to make a big statement, and Father's Day is the perfect occasion to do so. Tell your father how special he is with an eye-catching banner, purchased or homemade, hung in a highly visible spot.