Corporate holiday party themes can set the mood for a casual celebration or a formal fete that will bring coworkers, clients, and customers together in a memorable and seasonal way. Choosing just the right theme, however, takes careful consideration to ensure the party is suitable for the guests and the business.
Benefits of Corporate Parties
A corporate holiday party is more than just a way to celebrate the season. Properly planned, it can also be a superb networking opportunity for coworkers, managers, clients, and related businesses. It may also be a great family event that allows coworkers to get to know one another in a less stressful, more casual atmosphere than in the office. Some companies may even use holiday parties as an opportunity to acknowledge outstanding employees and promote corporate morale. While different types of corporate holiday parties may have different agendas, using a coordinated theme can help promote the spirit of the season for everyone attending.
Holiday Theme Ideas for Corporate Parties
Depending on the scale of the event, there are many suitable corporate holiday party themes. Some of the most popular company holiday party ideas include:
- Black and White: The monochromatic elegance of this party is easy to arrange and is perfect for a formal evening event.
- Red and Green: A more casual alternative for a color-themed party, these holiday shades will instantly have everyone in the holiday spirit.
- Winter Wonderland: Snowflakes, ice sculptures, and simple winter scenery make the winter wonderland theme a seasonally elegant choice.
- Tropical Holiday: Celebrate the spirit of the season and the prospect of a holiday vacation with a tropical theme such as Caribbean Christmas or Holidays in Hawaii.
- Awards Night: Roll out the red carpet and star treatment for a holiday party to acknowledge employees' achievements.
- Casino Night: A good time isn't a gamble with a seasonal casino theme including table games and holiday winnings.
- Sounds of the Season: A live band or choir entertaining with seasonal music is the centerpiece of this elegant holiday party theme.
- Holiday Cruise: Hire a dinner cruise or holiday party boat for a memorable event on the water.
- Candyland: Candy canes, gingerbread, and other delicious menu items can be the focus of this family-friendly holiday theme, perfect for a casual potluck party.
- Gourmet Celebration: Enjoy a taste of holiday decadence with a theme centered on a specific holiday food, such as wines, chocolates, or other treats.
- Holiday Movies: A fun and happy theme can focus on a favorite holiday movie such as How the Grinch Stole Christmas or A Christmas Story. For more employee interest, consider holding an office vote for which movie or movies to feature.
- Ethnic Festivities: Share cultural celebrations with coworkers by choosing an ethnic or historic theme such as Polynesian, Asian, Victorian, or Hanukkah party traditions.
Choosing Corporate Holiday Party Themes
Choosing the best theme for a corporate holiday party depends on several factors. Whether the event is being professionally coordinated or is just a casual office affair, considering each of these factors is essential for a fun and festive event:
- Guest List: Parties that include corporate executives and high profile clients will generally have a more formal, sophisticated theme than casual office parties that include workers' families. The number of people invited will also have an impact on how elaborate the theme ought to be.
- Budget: A low-budget party may need a simpler, easier theme, while a party with a bigger expense account can easily have more sophisticated flair.
- Organizer: If the holiday party is being organized by already hard-working employees, a simple theme can help reduce party planning stress. If a party planner is hired for the event, a more detailed theme can easily be arranged.
- Formality: An elegant theme is best for a very formal affair, while a more whimsical or humorous theme is suitable for a casual office party.
- Time: A detailed, unusual theme can be difficult to pull together at the last minute, but parties that are planned well in advance can use more exotic themes requiring greater coordination and planning.
Coordinating the Theme
For the best results, holiday party themes should encompass all aspects of party planning, including:
- Party Decorations: Banners, centerpieces, table linens, lighting, etc.
- Menu: Appetizers, drinks, desserts, etc.
- Music: Live or recorded songs, either vocal or instrumental
- Gifts: A gift exchange, party favors, raffle items, or prizes
- Activities: Christmas office party games, speeches, etc.
- Paperwork: Greeting cards for holiday parties, RSVPs, etc.
By coordinating all aspects of the party theme, guests will enjoy the event and its attention to detail as a great way to celebrate the holiday season.
Enjoy a Memorable Celebration with Coworkers and Clients
Corporate holiday party themes can be simple or elaborate, formal or casual, elegant or whimsical. Whatever theme is chosen, as long as it is appropriate for the event and suitably planned, it will help create a memorable celebration for everyone to enjoy.