Evite online party invitations are a quick and easy alternative to traditional mailed invitations. The service is free to use, and it allows you to easily find out who has responded and confirmed their attendance for your party. Guests will receive an e-mail that includes your invitation, along with a personalized link allowing them to R.S.V.P.
Using Evite for Party Invitations
Before you start designing your Evite online party invitations, you'll need to register. Surf over to the Evite website and click on the "Your Account" link at the top of the page. Fill out the required information, and then an automatic e-mail will be sent to the address you registered with to confirm registration. Simply click on the link in the e-mail, or type the provided code in the box provided on the site.
Once you've registered, confirmed, and logged in, you're ready to get started creating an invitation.
Choosing a Design
Click on the Invitations tab at the top of the page, and from there you can filter the available designs to find what you're looking for. There are several partners, including popular party guru Colin Cowie and children's show Yo Gabba Gabba, with a series of available designs, or you can choose to browse by the party theme or type of event.If none of the existing designs appeal to you, you can opt to create your own. You can also customize the other designs by uploading your own images.
Adding the Details
Once you've selected or designed your invitations, it's time to fill out all of the party details and decide on which of the available options you'll be taking advantage of. Don't forget to add an event title at the very top of the page - this will be added to your main account page, so you'll be able to access the invitation later and monitor responses.Basic party details are simple, such as the location and date. You can even opt to include a map once you've entered the address of the party.
Message to Guests
The last box on the customization page is labelled "Message to Guests." Here, you can add a fun little verse or poem, and include any other information about the party. Here are some ideas for using this space:
- Take a look at some websites that offer free printable invitations for verse ideas, or use these lists of cute birthday invitation wording or wording for theme party invitations.
- Use the chorus or part of the lyrics from an appropriate song as your verse. Try "Birthday" by The Beatles for an adult birthday party, or a classic love song for an anniversary or wedding celebration.
- Add notes such as, "This is a surprise party," or "Please arrive in costume" to this space, and make sure to be specific.
- Ask Guests to Bring Something - If the party is going to be a potluck, for example, you can make a list of dishes you'd like people to bring. As the guests respond to their invitations, they can choose what they'd like to bring. When items are selected, they disappear from the list of things that are needed.
- Add a Music Playlist - A music playlist can be uploaded from your own collection. This would be especially fun if you chose to use lyrics in the Guest Message section, as you could add the song itself as well.
- Poll Your Guests - You can add up to three different polls to the invitations to solicit feedback from your guests. This can be useful when asking about food allergies, disabilities, or other special concerns.
Other options include adding an end time for the party, making the party a recurring event, and sending out reminders as it gets closer to the date of the party.
Add Your Guests
When you're happy with the invitation you've created, you can add the e-mail addresses of the guests you wish to invite, and send the invitation to them. After that, you can monitor responses through the My Account section, by clicking on My Events. All responses, including those to any polls and requests you might have added, will appear on these pages.
Let Technology Make Party Planning Easier
Evite online invitations are easy to use, and can save you a lot of time and money. You won't have to worry about postage, keeping track of who is attending, or heading out to the party supply store for the perfect invitation. Letting technology like this take some of the headaches out of planning a party is always a good idea!