NASCAR party food is great food to share with good friends.
Wings And Lots Of Them
Chicken wings are the perfect NASCAR party food. Wings can be made in an endless variation of flavors. The most popular are the hot wings, known as Buffalo wings and barbecue. The real secret to these recipes is in the simplicity of cooking them. The actual cooking part of the wings is so easy that you may just be tempted to make several variations. I personally like my wings hot like they serve them in Buffalo. I have also been tempted by barbecue and teriyaki sauce. First thing you have to do is buy lots of wings. I suggest going to a club store and get as many as your car can hold. Once you get them home you have to prepare them right away. If you like you can leave them whole or you can cut them at each joint and toss the tips away. At this point you have two choices: Deep fry or bake them.
To deep fry your wings you will need a pot and some vegetable oil. Heat your oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and fry them in small batches. As they are cooked put them immediately in a bowl and add your favorite hot sauce to the bowl. Toss your wings until they are coated with the hot sauce.
You can also bake them. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake them for 45 minutes. Place in bowl and coat them with hot sauce.
For barbecued wings you can follow the above directions and just use your favorite barbecue sauce. Or you can cook your wings up on your grill but remember that when grilling cook them completely and then coat them with your barbecue sauce. The sauce must be added in the last few minutes or the sugars in the sauce will burn and you will be serving your guests charcoal briquettes rather than succulent chicken. Briquettes are not good NASCAR party food.
Get Some Ribs Going
There are different ways to prepare ribs, check out the following choices and see what works for you
- If you own a barbecue, (as in a slow smoker) then you can prepare your ribs by coating them with sauce. Cook until ready to eat. Coat with additional sauce as necessary.
- For grilling your ribs, you will want to look into a dry rub. Rub your ribs with your dry rub and cook them over a medium high heat. You can coat them with your barbecue sauce moments before removing them from the fire. Or just serve them with the sauce on the side and let your guests add the sauce themselves.
- To prepare them in an oven, you can follow this recipe. This recipe feeds 24 people.
You will need 18 pounds of fresh pork spare ribs and 2 and a half quarts of barbecue sauce.
- Cut the ribs into 12 ounce portions.
- Place the ribs in a roasting pan with the inside (curved part) of the ribs down.
- Place the ribs into your oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain the fat from the pan and coat eh ribs on all sides with barbecue sauce
- Bake for 45 more minutes and recoat the ribs again.
- Bake until the ribs are tender which should be a half hour to an hour more.
For grill marks and a great finishing flavor you can grill the ribs for a few minutes.
NASCAR Party Food
Load up the table with great wings and ribs and make sure you have plenty of side dishes to go with them. The hotter the wings the more beer you will need to have on hand. For an authentic NASCAR party food experience be sure to have your guests walk counterclockwise around the table so they can enjoy the food while they go real fast, turn left.