Looking for quotes and sayings to help you celebrate Halloween in spooky style? Whether you're looking for Halloween quotes to copy and paste to Instagram or you're searching for sayings to use for greeting cards, party invitations, wall signs, or crafting other projects, you've come to the right place. Share your love of Halloween with this selection of seasonal expressions... if you dare!
Scary Halloween Sayings
Halloween is a celebration, but it isn't all fun and games. No collection of Halloween quotes is complete without some frightening sayings. These options are perfect for a scary party or to caption a haunting photo.
- Knock if you dare, but there's limited admission. This lair is reserved for ghostly apparitions.
- With feet of lead, you feel a sense of dread. What ghouls and goblins will appear and strike fear before time for bed?
- Night after night, year after year, in your very soul, Halloween strikes fear.
- Mere mortals, they should fear to tread. There's safe passage for ghouls and goblins ahead.
- On this evil night so eerie, the human heart is stricken with fear-y.
- What a frightful sight on this scariest of nights.
- You know the Halloween scene is dire when you find yourself alone with a scary vampire.
- The zombies are coming! The zombies are coming!
- I'll haunt you in your dreams.
- Halloween night is filled with fright.
- Come in and join the party, if you dare.
- Halloween: the stuff that nightmares are made of.
- I will haunt your house on Halloween.
- When you hear an eerie howl, know that monsters are on the prowl!
- Creepy crawlies are here and there; creatures and monsters are everywhere.
- Halloween is the most likely night for horror movies and nightmares to come to life.
- Beware of things that go bump in the night, especially on Halloween.
- When ghosts and goblins take to the street, be every so careful of everyone you meet.
- On Halloween night, stay alert, for it's then that monsters and ghouls are roaming the Earth.
- Are you prepared to correspond with spirits from the great beyond?
- Halloween night is filled with horror. Will you make it until tomorrow?
- Welcome to my private bat cave; enter only if you are very brave.
Cute And Fun Halloween Quotes
Halloween sayings don't have to be heavy or fear-inspiring. Bewitch your friends and followers with these short and sweet Halloween messages.
- Slay, ghoul! You're the after-life of the party.
- Blood is red, some monsters are blue, candy is sweet, and goblins say boo!
- Halloween draws near and then it's here, that special time of year when fun equals fear.
- Open your mind on Halloween to all that is usually sight unseen.
- All I got for Halloween is this crummy mummy.
- Halloween forecast: There's a scare in the air.
- Let's celebrate Halloween with a ghouls' night out!
- Set the scene on Halloween for a frightful celebration of this spooky occasion.
- Don't be a flying witch on the wall!
- It's time to take the good broom out for a spin!
- Enjoy this special witch's brew; I prepared it in my cauldron just for you.
- Have a bash at the monster mash!
- Keep calm and Halloween.
- Who let the werewolves out? Awoooo!
- Nobody puts mummy in the corner.
- Big ghouls don't cry.
- Not now, kids. Mummy's a bit wrapped up for Halloween.
- Live the vampire dream on Halloween.
- Sleep all day, party all night, being undead is out of sight!
- From way before noon until beyond the full moon, Halloween surely will be here soon.
- Visit with me and the skeleton crew; have some of our special witch's brew.
Halloween Quotes From Movies and Music
If you're looking for a well-known Halloween quote, the world of entertainment provides plenty of options. Consider these spook-tacular phrases from movies and songs with a Halloween theme.
- "Be Afraid. Be Very Afraid." - Veronica (Geena Davis) in The Fly
- "Everyone here knows that Halloween was invented by the candy companies. It's a conspiracy." - Max (played by Omri Katz), Hocus Pocus
- "So come up to the lab and see what's on the slab." - Frank (played by Tim Curry), The Rocky Horror Picture Show
- "That's right. I am the Pumpkin King." - Jack Skellington (played by Danny Elfman), The Nightmare Before Christmas
- "I'm a ghost with the most, babe." - Betelgeuse (played by Michael Keaton), Beetlejuice
- "The only thing to fear is fear himself." - Freddie Krueger (played by Robert Englund), A Nightmare on Elm Street
- "Human blood is so fatty and you never know where it's been." Dracula (played by Adam Sandler), Hotel Transylvania
- "Darkness falls across the land/ The midnight hour is close at hand/ Creatures crawl in search of blood/ To terrorize y'alls neighborhood" - Thriller, Michael Jackson
- "Screams break the silence/ Waking from the dead of night/ Vengeance is boiling" - Bark at the Moon, Ozzy Osborne
- "For my monster from his slab, began to rise/ And suddenly to my surprise/ He did the monster mash/ (The monster mash) It was a graveyard smash" - Monster Mash, Bobby "Boris" Pickett & the Crypt Kickers
Add Some Humor to Halloween
Did you find the perfect saying on this list? Once you've selected a few quotes or sayings to express yourself, check out these hilarious Halloween jokes. Humor is a great way to spread the spirit of Halloween far and wide.