Gather your coworkers for a fun and exciting after work happy hour. This type of gathering can be as formal as you like and is a great way to mingle with your business associates outside of the work setting. Wording depends on the formality and style of happy hour you are planning. Most invites can be short and to the point although you can add a little creativity to entice your coworkers to attend.
General After Work Happy Hour
For a general after work happy hour where you are simply meeting for drinks and conversation, the wording of the invite should be kept simple and to the point. If this is a weekly happening, you can mention that as well. The following are some wording options for a general happy hour:
- Join us for weekly drinks and conversation on Fridays at 5:00 p.m. at ABC Bar and Grill. Happy hour drink and food specials are from 5-7 p.m. Hope to see you there!
- Relax this Friday from 5 to 7 p.m. at ABC Bar and Grill. Enjoy Happy Hour with our team!
- Co-workers and Cocktails! Friday, September 22 from 5-7 p.m. at ABC Bar and Grill.
Business Networking Happy Hour
A great way to meet other professionals in your area is by attending a networking happy hour. These events are held throughout the year and are ideal opportunities to network and meet others in your field. Some wording examples for networking happy hours are:
- Eat, Drink, and Connect at the Hotel Lounge. Wednesday, September 20 from 5-7 p.m. Light appetizers provided. Space is limited. RSVP to Name in Department by Date.
- Mix & Mingle with other business professionals every Thursday from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Hotel Lounge located at Address. Drink and food specials available in the bar.
- You are invited to a networking Happy Hour on Date at Location and Time. Feel free to bring coworkers, business associates, and friends. RSVP to Name with Email by Date.
New Staff Welcome Happy Hour
Plan on meeting after work for drinks and conversation to make the newest member of the team feel welcomed to the company. Some wording to consider for this happy hour includes:
- It's cocktail time! Join us in welcoming the newest members to our team on Date at the Cocktail Bar from 4-6 p.m.
- Join us for Happy Hour to get acquainted with the new employees at XYZ Corporation. Date/Time/Location
- Please join us in welcoming Name to our team at Happy Hour on date at location. Drink specials from 4-6 p.m.
Retirement Happy Hour
A great way to celebrate the retirement of a special coworker is by meeting up for happy hour. This celebration can be casual and fun and is great way to let the retiree know he will be missed. Some examples of retirement invitation wording to use includes:
- Let's send Richard off with a blast! Celebrate his retirement with cocktails and hor d'ouevres on Date at Time at the Martini Lounge located at Address. Regrets only to email@example.com.
- Happy Hour Retirement Party! Join us in saying goodbye to Alan on Date from 4-6 p.m. at the ABC Club. Light food and drinks provided. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Let's celebrate Marie's retirement! Join us for happy hour on Wednesday, November 3, at 4:30 p.m. at the ABC Club located at Address. RSVP to Name at Phone Number.
Birthday Celebration Happy Hour
A fun way to celebrate staff members' birthdays is with an after work happy hour. This type of celebration can be done for a single birthday or for a group. It is a great way to celebrate a bunch of people's birthdays for the month. Wording to consider for a birthday celebration happy hour includes:
- Join us in celebrating those born in April at Happy Hour! Date/Time/Location
- Anthony is turning 50 so let's wish him a Happy Birthday at Happy Hour! Join us for cocktails this Friday from 6-8 p.m. at Hotel Lounge at Address.
- Shhhh. Don't tell! Let's celebrate the boss turning the big 6-0 on Date from 5 to 7 p.m. at Hotel Lounge. RSVP to email@example.com.
Office Holiday Party Happy Hour
An office party can be a less formal affair by holding a holiday happy hour. This event can take place during the season and is a great way for coworkers to get together to celebrate. Some examples of corporate invitation wording to use for a holiday happy hour are:
- Celebrate the holiday season with cocktails and cheer! Join us for Happy Hour on Date at 4:30 p.m. at ABC Bar and Grill. Light appetizers and drinks to be provided by XYZ Corporation. Be sure to wear an Ugly Christmas Sweater. Prizes to be awarded for ugliest and funniest sweaters! RSVP to name by date.
- Join us for some holiday cheer at XYZ Corporation's Happy Hour! Date. Hotel Lounge at Address. Food and drinks to be served at 4:30 p.m. Casual attire. RSVP by date.
- Christmas comes but once a year, so join us to celebrate with some holiday cheer! Holiday Happy Hour from 4-8 p.m. on Date at Hotel Lounge at Address. Food and drinks provided. RSVP to office by date. Friends and spouses welcome.
Tips To Consider
When creating the invite for happy hour, there are several items to take into consideration. You will want to make the invite as clear as possible so those being invited will know what to expect. Some items to consider are:
- Is the happy hour being paid for by the company or are people expected to pay for themselves? If it is company sponsored, you can mention that food and drinks are provided.
- Are spouses or partners invited as well? If they are, you can mention that spouses and significant others are welcome as well.
- Is the happy hour a casual or professional event? You may want to mention if it is a specific type of attire. For example, for a holiday party, ask guests to wear ugly sweaters.
- Do you need a count of how many people are attending? If so, ask those invited to RSVP.
Depending on the formality of your happy hour, it is acceptable to send out an email or text invite for the celebration. For a general happy hour with coworkers that is just a casual get-together, an electronic invite is best. For a holiday party or a retirement party, a more formal invite can be sent. This can be a flyer-style invite placed in everyone's mailbox.
Invitations Set the Event Tone
Remember that the invite will set the overall tone for the happy hour. Consider the type of wording you use for the invitation so that all invited will be aware of the event as well as any expectations.