Thanksgiving rolls around once a year, and it's a great time to create decorative items in honor of the season. You can use free clip art to embellish your creations and Thanksgiving craft projects. You might choose to spice up your cards or create your own decorations. Not only will you get free clip art, but you'll get ideas for using it too.
Downloading Free Thanksgiving Clip Art
Thanksgiving clip art is full of pumpkins, cornucopias, pilgrims and turkey. To save one or save them all, you need to right click and hit "save as" to save the image to your computer.
Pilgrims are commonly depicted in Thanksgiving-related images. The pilgrim girl stands in the middle of the symbols of fall, while a pilgrim boy and girl carrying a pail are preparing for the festivities. The realistic couple stands in a cornfield awaiting festivities.
Pumpkins and Turkeys
Nothing says Thanksgiving like a plump turkey wearing a pilgrim hat with a plume of colorful tail feathers. Pumpkins, corn, apples, and squash pour out of the cornucopia, all traditional harvest symbols of the season.
Food for Thanksgiving
No set of clip art for Thanksgiving is complete without food! The Thanksgiving table is set with the holiday meal of hot turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, and pumpkin pie. A seasonal palette of fruits and veggies includes apples, a pumpkin, and squash.
Getting the Most Out of Your Clip Art
The possibilities on what you can do with free clip art for Thanksgiving is almost endless. Some options include:
- Use the Thanksgiving food clip art as part of a pumpkin or acorn shaped place card for dinner. Not only will it give your table setting a little pizazz but it's colorful too.
- The pilgrims or turkey can be used to decorate a thank you jar that guests fill to be read at dinner.
- Use the pilgrim clip art to create cards for your thank you jar.
- The turkey clip art can be used to create thankful turkeys. You can write in the tail feathers what you are thankful for.
- The clip art can be added to a paper bag turkey as decorations.
- Print the clip art on to sticker paper and allow kids to decorate with them.
- Any of the clip art can be used for a Thanksgiving card.
- Decorate your online newsletter to family and relatives with Thanksgiving clip art.
- Use the clip art as accents to a homemade thank you garland.
- Clip art can decorate a Thanksgiving cootie catcher where kids add a Thanksgiving question like "What are you thankful for?" rather than fortune.
Clip Art in Projects
You can also try using free Thanksgiving clip art in a few different projects like:
- Thanksgiving decorations to make no sew table linens.
- Thanksgiving arts and crafts can also be enhanced with fun clip art.
- Preschool Thanksgiving crafts open the door to lots of projects and Thanksgiving borders.
Fun With Clip Art
Thanksgiving often means family festivities, craft projects or reasons to celebrate with family and friends. Free clip art is the way to go for all of your holiday creations. You can use it as the centerpiece for your Thanksgiving card or possibly make a clip art accent to make it just a bit more personalized.